Monday, December 24, 2007

Windstorm & Wet Ground...

Last night we heard a weird sound & when I looked outside one of our trees had fallen across the road.

Big winds and wet ground makes a bad combination for trees! Luckily it didn't hit any cars when it dropped. My husband and a driver cleared the tree off the road quickly so traffic could resume. I only cleared off a couple of broken branches - they were working quickly!!

Although "My 2 Cents" is supposed to be about the backyard, this tree was actually in the side yard and maybe even not on our property... right on the line.

Meanwhile, in the back yard, I've got a lot of seed pods right now. Maybe tomorrow I'll go around and gather them. The little tree is Rose of Sharon seed pods and the weedie looking thing next to the deck are these beautiful little baby black eye'd Susans.

No comments: