Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Big Buck in the Backyard

Day before yesterday when I was driving to work, I rounded the corner and almost came face to face (or car to nose) with a BIG BUCK. Luckily, he didn't hit my car, but continued walking along thru the field behind my house. I grabbed my camera and rolled the window down to get a photo of him. Lots 'o antlers!!



It took me this long to get the shot just before he went into the woods surrounding our house. It's just a little woods... probably less than an acre. Hard to believe a guy this big could survive. I know that there are at least 5 other deer that live in there, because we've seen them. The dogs seem to keep them at bay during the day, but I think the deer are starting to understand the whole electric dog fence system because they are getting braver and braver.

No comments: